Friday, June 17, 2011

Garbanzo Beans in the Food Store


GOOD GARBANZO BEANS in the food store are hard to find but worth the search! I know this seems like a silly blog, but I was out of chic peas, garbanzo beans and did not want to go far to buy them.  I know they have some healthy items at most food stores and the one near me is no exception.  The thing is the REALLY HEALTHY stuff is so damn hard to find.
Long story short, I searched and found my beloved beans hidden in the middle of some long isle, and standing there in the very spot with the good stuff is an older gentlemen and he tells me, "You should ONLY buy this brand of beans!" Turns out he is an 82 year old physician who goes to the gym daily and realizes that 500 plus milligrams of sodium in beans is very, very unhealthy and he thought he should share that important info with me!  Lucky me!  So now I am sharing with you what I already knew and the very smart and young looking 82 year old doctor told me for FREE  in Genuardi's, "too much sodium is bad for your heart, it will kill you!"  Read the labels of all the cans or packages you buy.  Best advice of course is no cans or packages, but as you see I also buy cans sometimes and I make sure to read the label.  Eden Organic is a great brand if you can get it and they have many different types of beans with very little sodium.  Check the label below and see what other brands have. (in case it is not clear this can has 30 mg sodium per half cup serving.  So if you want to see what I made for dinner with these delicious beans you can check the RECIPE  page of my website "Bellahealthyliving.com" it will be posted soon! So have a great day and ENJOY YOU BEANS!!!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment